Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Monthly Summary: February



Hello everybody! Once again, we are at the end of the month. Yikes!!! Anyway, I’ll go ahead and give a summary of things that have happened

Random Things

            After kicking the bulletin board (or having it simply fall) off the wall above my bed for the third time and waking me up in the night, I decided that something had to be done. I have a hunch that a normal person would simply move the bulletin board, but since I am me, I decided that I would move my bed to the opposite side of the room. Yes, I had been thinking about doing it for a while, so I guess I might have been looking for a good excuse to do it? I had a rather scary incident when I had to completely redo one of my mom’s recent podcasts because I had accidentally messed it up the first time. I woke up to a sibling pounding on my bedroom door bringing the news, and was summoned to the computer way too early. I started a giant map of my book world on a sheet on my bedroom wall, and perhaps eventually I’ll share this with the blog, but not yet. A big highlight was the Heart Party that Belise did a post about recently. It was a really, really fun night full of chocolate, lots of cute pink outfits, great fellowship, caramel M&Ms, and for some odd reason, multiple people toting cameras!!! You never knew when you were being photographed! I also got my first blog tag this month, and that was exciting for me!

Health

I’m still doing good while some of the others in my family are languishing with allergies. Within our household, I have been a witness to some terrific sneezes! My dad demonstrated to us how the Neti Pot works again, and made me grateful that I don’t have to use that thing. I’m simply rejoicing that the trees are budding (but those with allergies are not).

Writing

This is my last month to work on the second book in my series. After that, I work more on book one and book three. Bye-bye book two. Is it just me, or is book two HARD to write?? I have more ideas for book three than book two. I made a schedule to follow for book one, and hopefully will get it much closer to completion this spring/summer. I have been making some rather big changes with book one, and it requires study, dressing up to look like the character and acting parts out, and letting go of certain things that have been near the same for almost three years. I think it’s better for it though.

Faith

My dad has been reading Ignatius this month. If you have never heard of him, he’s the student of Polycarp, student of the Apostle John. That’s sort of cool for us because us siblings have watched the movie Polycarp more than once (that’s how we’ll put it [and some of us like watching the behind the scenes more than the movie because they are SUPER interesting!]). I’m still ahead in Bible reading, and have so far gotten through six books of the Bible. My mom and I have been working on a Bible study called Behold Your God: The Weight of Majesty. We both have enjoyed it so far. The thing that I really thought was neat so far was a quote saying that if we could comprehend God’s majesty, then he would not be God. I find myself realizing that I’ll never fully comprehend him completely, but I know that in him is found the deepest of the deep things, in him is the meaning of depth, and I want to partake in as much depth as I possibly can. If I can feel him and understand him, I want to understand him as much as I humanly can, and then get lost in the never ending depth that I can’t understand.

School

I have been working on College Mathematics and drowning. Unfortunately, there is no possible way to make me like it, so it is a bad experience. It generally takes quite the time of explaining, strained brain muscles, go over one problem ten times and a mallet to get me to understand the theorems and all that. I have also been working on Spanish and Mandarin. Spanish is easier, but Mandarin is a lot more interesting. Some of the noises you make sound something like what my youngest siblings say when they are talking baby language. It is actually a lot of fun.

What has your month been like? Is it starting to turn to spring for you? It is here! I am really excited for March, because that’s when all the wildflowers come out!!!

12 comments:

  1. Allergies are the worst! The oak pollen threatens to kill us each year. But, spring is definitely coming. It's been pretty warm and it looks like it will stay that way.

    My month was great. I sent the rest of my book to my two awesome beta readers and we're going through it. I can't afford an editor, so I'm having two beta readers and another blogging friend is going to do the proofreading/gamma reading. I'm so grateful to God and them that they are in my life.

    I'm excited for spring to come because it means the sun will be out more. We've had too many cloudy days.

    Have an awesome March!!

    ~Ivie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so!!! I guess this far south we don't get snow, but the early spring/warm weather makes it worth it.
      I'm so happy for you!!! That has to be really exciting. I know what you mean about editors being expensive. My mom used one (who is a friend of ours), but it wasn't cheap. I think, though, that that was best for her because, well, she's a mom of seven kids, it takes a lot of time to edit a book when you're holding down the fort with seven. I haven't had a lot of readers, mostly just people who have read parts of it. It's ever changing, so that's one big reason, but I'm hoping by June/July to have some Alpha readers (poor readers, my book is close to 400 pages!!!)
      WHAT???? I LOVE cloudy days!!! I know, that's odd, but I love mist and fog and cloudy/rainy days.
      You too!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!!! My friend took it at church a few weeks ago, and she did a really great job!!!

      Delete
  3. I moved my bed, too! :) Nice to change things up a bit, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I guess since I am highly creative I'm always wanting new surroundings...

      Delete
  4. That's neat that your learning Spanish and Mandarin. I really want to learn Spanish too! By the way, have you ever watched Irish Legend by Johnson Strings? It might be weird since I don't even know you in person, but it seems like something you'd like! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skgYzHqNSYE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking up words in different languages, and it's really fun to be able to spout off sentences at your siblings (because they just look at you funny).
      No, I haven't, I'll check it out! Thanks for letting me know about it, because I absolutely love Celtic stuff!!!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait till spring too!! We have snow right now, isn't that crazy?! I love the warm weather in the spring!
    It's nice seeing what you've been doing lately.
    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun!!! We've got some little white flowers. ;)
      Thanks! Did you see that I tagged you in my last post? <3

      Delete
  6. You've seen Polycarp?!?!! THE Polycarp? Cool! My friend and her brother were in it (as extras). And it was filmed about an hour away from us!

    Spring...waiting for spring. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO cool!!!! The reason we have watched it so much is probably because we LOVE watching the behind the scenes, they make us laugh, and I guess just appreciate the movie more for all the work that was put into it.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment, they make me so happy!!! Please remember though, to leave comments that fall under the Philippians 4:8 filter. Thank you!